Hope your week has started out great. Today I thought I would get back to my Make-up Monday posts that I used to do earlier but stopped. I decided I was going to get back on track and do a post a week on make-up as not only is it fun but also make-up is always interesting to us ladies…isn’t it?.. 😉
This is a very simple look that You can wear anytime for work, to meet friends, go shopping etc. I have suddenly been loving the bright lipstick look, I used to be a nude lipstick kinda girl but have been moving over to the bright and more fun looks for Autumn as the weather is dull and dreary and you want to look more ‘alive’.. the brighter lipsticks brighten up your face and just add colour to any neutral outfit making it a bit more interesting I think.
Anyhoo, lets talk about the face of the day today..
1. I always start out with a clean face, and then put on my dearly beloved Avene day moisturiser, Avene has become a well loved product in my skin care regime as I tend to have skin that does not do well with fragrances and added scents. Avene is very gentle and fragrance free which I love.
2. Then eye cream, I use Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins, Mega-Bright Eye cream.now its mighty expensive for an eye cream but after forty you just need that added moisture under the eye and especially if you’re going to put makeup on.
3. I put on my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation with an expert face brush from Real Techniques, and buff the foundation to make it look as natural as I can. I then add my under eye concealer which is the Mac Prolong wear concealer.
4. After that, I go on to my eyebrows, fill them in with my Dolly Wink eyebrow powder kit and use a gel to keep them in place. The Maybelline clear mascara is an excellent one for that purpose.
5. Then onto the eye make up, here I have used minimal eye makeup as its a day look..so just black eyeliner on top and below the lashes.
The lipstick combo is my current favourite lip pencil Mac Limited Edition Sharon Osbourne collection in Cranberry and Macs Cosmo lipstick. Now Cranberry is limited edition but look out for a bright cranberry colour lip liner to replace this one.
My Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuese and Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC42.. my holy grail products for the moment 😉
Contour and blush.. Nars Blush in Lovejoy (cannot think of life without it!!).. and Blush is my recent purchase the L’Oreal blush in Fuchsia Flush.
The eyeliner pencil is the Estee Lauder Double wear 01 ONYX and the setting powder is the Macs setting powder in Medium/Dark.
Hope you feel inspired and enjoyed this post!
Have a great week.. I’m putting my women’s gift guide for Christmas together and should be able to put up that post in a day or two!! till then Chiao Bellas!!