After a long break and not really feeling up to writing a post, I finally felt the need to do a post today!! I am sorry for the long absence and hope you all had a wonderful 2015 and all the very best for the year 2016!!
2015 definitely has been a year for me to finally come to terms with using up products I have and not jumping on the next trendy lip product or blush out there. I have some very good products that work for me and on my skin tone and so I feel like these are my go to products to use everyday as well as for any event, party, dinner date etc 😉
I will go through the make-up products that I absolutely love and use everyday or other day to be honest.
My favourite foundations for 2015 have to be two
Mac’s face and body in C5
This is one foundation that is such a beautiful formula as an everyday run-out-the-door foundation. It has a sheer to medium coverage and can be built up. I love the feel and texture of the foundation once applied.
MAC Face and Body Foundation comes in 13 shades, so you stand a good chance of finding a pretty good match.
The long-lasting, lightweight formula is also water resistant and so great for summertime, but I love it in the winter too.
NARS sheer glow foundation in Syracuse
Nars Sheer Glow is a foundation that makes your skin look luminous and has a very lovely subtle glow. I love it for going out in the evenings or parties etc.. but it looks great during the daytime too. It has a lovely satin finish and with my mature skin gives it a glow without looking too shiny! It has a liquid consistency and is very easy to blend into the skin.
2. Next lets talk about concealers – I always use an under eye concealer as I tend to have darkness under my eyes at all times :(( and for that I am always on the look out for a good under eye concealer that will brighten up that area.
My two favourites for the past year have to be
Mac Pro longwear concealer in NW35
I love this concealer for it consistency and also for its long lasting formula. It lasts literally all day as long as you don’t go out in the sun all day.. that said it does last very well in hot, humid weather. It is also great during the winters. The colour is a tad bit orange for me and so I have to wear it with a foundation on top or add a more yellow base foundation to it if I don’t want to use foundation all over. But its a great cover up for darkness under the eyes.
NARS radiant creamy concealer in -Caramel
Oooh I must say this one is my favourite.. I love the colour match to my skin, I love the wand it comes with to apply the product which makes it ideal to use without wasting the product and I love that it lasts a long time too!. It is my Holy Grail concealer of the moment and the past year!!.
For my Primer this year I have used the Shu Uemura instant-glow immediate radiance skin perfecting cream
This has been great at keeping my make-up put during party season and just when I need my make-up to stay for a long time. I love its consistency and texture. I really don’t have much more to say about it other than I feel it does serve its purpose! 😉
4. Blush and Bronzer, and highlighter – Under this category I have a few blushes I absolutely love and they are oldies but goodies!!..
- NARS Blush in Lovejoy for a beautiful glow on the cheeks
- Tarte Blush in Tipsy for a lovely peachy flush
- NARS Blush in Amore for a lovely pink
These blushes have been my go to blushes and even though I have a few others I must say these are my favs 😉
For Bronzer I have only one and that is all I found the need to have so it must be good !;-)
NARS Bronzer in Casino – it s beautiful bronzer that is not shimmery or shiny but a nice matt finish and is great for tan to darker skin tones.
Highlighter – Again I have only one that is worth mentioning as that is the only one I have used in the past year Mac Soft and Gentle.. love it !
5. Eye Shadow Palette – I will be honest and say I do not use eye shadow that often so do not need a lot of eye shadows.. I do have a few palettes collected over the years but my favourite one is hands down the Lorac Pro palette.. I love its range of matt and shimmery shades.. its a great palette for those of us who just need it once it a while and have beautiful neutral shades in just one palette. I love the formula and pigmentation of the eye shadows and also that is come is a sleek compact case that is so easy to travel with as its not bulky at all. One thing I would like to mention though is that the eye shadows and very pigmented and tend to have fall out so if you do get this palette be aware of that fact.
6. Eye brow Product – Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW pomade in Medium Brown – This product is my jam!!..hehehe..I love it so much.. I have sparse eye brows which with pencils just were not looking that great.. but this pomade is so easy to work with and I love it!!..it has a gel consistency and you use it with an angled brush. It is very easy to work with although you have to be careful not to apply too much.. work with little and then add more if you need to.
7. Mascara -L’Oreal telescopic and Maybelline Rocket -Since we are talking about eyes, my two favourite mascaras have been the L’Oreal Telescopic, I love this one for it lengthening and separating effect on the lashes and the Maybelline Rocket for its volume.
8. Eye liner– It has to be my Dolly Wink eye liner in black.. although recently I have been using the L’Oreal Super liner and think its fantastic too.. but throughout 2015 it was Dolly Wink!
9. Lipsticks – Here I can go wild.. I love lipsticks, period. I love wearing them, buying them, getting new shades.. I wear them everyday when I get the chance and why not!.. when you have them you wear them, do not stash them away to wear only on special occasions, wear them whenever you feel the need and get the chance!!.. thats my moto 😉
Some of my favs have to be
Mac Kinda Sexy – A peachy nude shade
Mac Flat out fabulous– A bright pink shade
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade 07- Nude-ist – its a lovely Bright Pinky mauve on me and not Nude in any way!! .. hmmmm
NARS Velvet Matt Lip pencil in Cruella – Oooh one of my go to lipsticks if I have to wear red!!.
Revlon Colorburst lip balm in Sultry – This is a definite must buy for everyone!!.. its affordable and a lovely Mauve Pink shade that looks beautiful on tan skin!!.. I think this one has been recently mentioned a lot by other bloggers and you tubers as well.
Maybelline Matt lipstick in 655 daringly Nude – This is a true Nude and can be worn with a darker liner to give it more colour if it washes you. I love the shade but will always wear it with a lip liner ( Spice from Mac)
Lip Liners – I love using lip liners not only to line my lips but also give my lipstick some dimension. It can warm up or cool down colours of lipstick to make them suit your skin tone better.
My favs have to be Mac lip liners
Soar – A pinky mauve shade
Spice– A browny pink
Cherry– A beautiful Red
Burgundy – A lovely maroon
These are my most used shades.
With that I come to an end of my favourite make-up products for the year 2015!.. Hope you all enjoy this post and find something you would like to try. I do not give a very indepth review of each product as these are just the ones I have been using the most in the past year and just wanted to mention.
I am sorry I do not have many drug store options as in Hong Kong its very difficult to get shades to match Tan skin tones, especially for foundations and concealers so I tend to stay away as I only land up getting something too light for my skin tone. I know there are some great drug store foundations, concealers, blushes etc out there and hope to try them when I go to India or Canada but as of now these are my choices.
Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful year ahead!